Warehouse workers in Bustleton and South Philadelphia are exposed to a number of hazards on a daily basis that can cause serious injuries or even fatalities. Some of these hazards include:
- Being struck by falling unsecured goods
- Being struck by trucks in the loading/unloading area
- Slip and falls
- The collapse of pallet rack systems
- Chemical hazards
- Electrical hazards
- Lack of or failure to wear personal protective equipment
General Warehouse Hazards
In this potentially dangerous environment, warehouse workers in South Philadelphia can suffer injuries such as:
- Broken bones or head and neck injuries from slip and falls
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) including concussions from struck-by accidents
- Electrocution from improper lockout/Tagout procedures
- Chemical burns from improperly stored chemicals
- Back injuries and sprains and strains from overexertion and poor ergonomics
- Crushing injuries and amputations from being caught-in/between a loading dock and a truck
- Repetitive motion injuries from lifting, reaching, pulling, and pushing loads
Workers’ Compensation for Warehouse Workers
The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act provides Workers’ Compensation benefits for warehouse workers who are injured on the job. It is a no-fault system, which means even if you were partly responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, you can receive medical benefits, wage loss benefits, and disability payments to help you recover from your work-related injuries. Families of workers who suffer a fatality are eligible for death benefits.
Some warehouse workers, such as dockworkers, may be covered by a different set of regulations. For answers to questions about how you are covered by Workers’ Compensation and the benefits available to you, contact a qualified warehouse attorney serving Philadelphia and the surrounding areas of Bustleton and South Philly.
Our Philadelphia Warehouse Workers' Compensation Attorneys are Here to Help
At Gross & Kenny, LLP our entire practice is dedicated to helping the injured workers of Pennsylvania. Our skilled Philadelphia warehouse workers’ compensation lawyers can help you with your legal needs to ensure you receive the maximum compensation available to you. Call our firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.