Philadelphia Workplace Injury Lawyers
Almost all types of workplace injuries may be compensated under Pennsylvania’s Workers’ Compensation Act, from carpal tunnel syndrome to amputation. If you contract an illness because of working conditions at your place of employment, you may also be entitled to Workers’ Compensation benefits.
An Experienced Worker’ Compensation Lawyer Helping Injured Victims
For more than 20 years, Jeffrey S. Gross has aggressively fought for the rights of injured workers. Mr. Gross and his associates use all the legal tactics and skills at their disposal to make sure that each client gets full and complete compensation for his or her work-related injury. If you have sustained an on-the-job injury, contact a work injury lawyer in Philadelphia today to schedule a free and confidential consultation.
What Types Of Work Injuries Are Covered By Workers’ Compensation?
Most common workplace injuries are covered by Workers’ Compensation, which requires your employer to pay medical bills and reimburse you for lost wages if you are hurt on the job. Common injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Degloving Injuries
- Disease of the lungs or other organs caused by exposure to toxic substances
- Fatal work injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand and arm injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Head injuries and headaches
- Hearing loss
- Knee injuries
- Loss of use of hand, foot, finger, toes or other body part
- Mental Stress
- Neck Injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Nerve and tendon injuries
- Occupational diseases including asbestos exposure and mesothelioma
- Occupational Illnesses
- Paralysis, paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychological or emotional injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Scars and Burns
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
- Sprains and Strains
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Traumatic and catastrophic injuries
- Vision Loss
Even if your condition is not listed here, it is worth your time to discuss your situation with our work injury lawyers in Philadelphia. We may be able to help you obtain benefits even if you do not have one of the conditions mentioned on this page.
What Types Of Injuries Are Not Covered By Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ Compensation injury benefits may be available even if the injury was caused by carelessness on the part of the employee or employer. However, you may not be entitled to Workers’ Compensation injury benefits if:
- You were drunk or under the influence of illegal drugs when the injury occurred
- You inflicted the injury on yourself or started a fight that led to the injury
- You were on the premises but not “on the job” when the injury occurred
- The injury occurred while you were violating a company policy or procedure
Note, though, that you are covered by Workers’ Compensation and eligible for benefits any time that you are injured in an activity while furthering the interests of your employer (e.g., in activities ranging from driving a vehicle while on company business to participating in a company social event such as a picnic).
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Benefits Lawyer in Philadelphia at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Gross
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Gross, we are ready and available to answer any question you may have about your right to receive compensation after a workplace injury. Call our Philadelphia work injury lawyers today at 267-589-0090 or contact us online for a free appointment. We return all calls within the same day and we don’t get paid unless you do.