Get And Keep The Benefits You Deserve
A partial listing of occupational diseases recognized under Pennsylvania’s Occupational Disease Act includes:
- Allergic conditions, skin infections, inflammation
- Benzene leukemia
- Caisson disease (compressed air illness)
- “Miner’s asthma,” “black lung disease,” pneumoconiosis
- Poisoning by exposure to toxic substances or chemical compounds
- Radium or radiation poisoning
Compensation for work-related occupational diseases may be awarded in addition to the benefits to which an injured worker may already be entitled. However, there are time limitations for filing a claims petition, and it is better to seek the medical attention and get the advice of a lawyer sooner rather than put your claim at risk.
Call our Philadelphia workers’ compensation benefits lawyers of Gross & Kenny, LLP Today
At Gross & Kenny, LLP, initial consultations are always free and completely confidential. To schedule yours, reach us by phone at our Center City, Philadelphia offices at 215-512-1500. You will either speak to a Philadelphia work injury lawyer immediately or you will get a return call within the same day. If you prefer, you may also contact us online for a prompt response.